Richard Davey is the founder and CEO of Nyras. Prior to establishing Nyras, Richard was the Global Aviation Leader for Pricewaterhouse and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) where he built up the company’s aviation practice from scratch and turned it into a USD350 million turnover practice with around 800 people working on multiple aviation assignments across the world.
At PwC Richard was responsible for the British Airways account where he led all strategic and operational assignments across the airline. He also led the integration of Alitalia in the joint venture with KLM and later, the dismantling of the joint venture with the acquisition of KLM by Air France. Richard then created Nyras in 2003 with the ambition of harnessing real aviation expertise and consulting skills to develop an industry-focused advisory group that could both consult and advise on transactions.
Richard has 30 years’ experience in the aviation industry and takes the lead on projects focusing on strategy, airline mergers and partnerships, capacity management and slots, airline operations, and transactions. Some of his key recent projects include:
- Conducting multiple strategic and operational assignments for Aer Lingus both before and after its acquisition by IAG
- Providing strategic options advice to multiple airlines across Europe and the Middle East
- Leading the creation of a new approach to air traffic control in Europe culminating in a proposed transaction by DFS into NATS, the UK ANSP
- Advising on an airline merger and developing the business case, assisting with negotiations and planning for implementation
- Reviewing the structure of a major airline group and advising on the future development of the business
- Developing a new method of doing slot transactions and acting as an adviser to airlines on multiple slot transactions at Heathrow
Richard holds a BA (Hons) from University of Manchester, an MBA from London Business School and a postgraduate diploma in Management Studies from UCL.