Airline Slot Management
Nyras is a leading independent adviser in the area of slot management valuation and transfers between airlines. Our team negotiate the disposal of slot pairs on behalf of some of the industry’s largest names. We also advise airlines on issues around slot acquisition and help to identify slot pairs and the appropriate negotiation approach to secure them. Where needed, we apply our specific expertise in slot valuation and trading to act as expert witnesses for airlines in legal disputes.
Our team of industry experts combine their years of insight to offer an unparalleled understanding of where demand and opportunity lie. We are able to consistently maximise value for our clients and our strong track record has enabled us to create and own the niche position as leaders within this area.
We approach each new project independently, assessing the options that will bring maximum benefit for each client. In the past, we have organised, negotiated and arranged for the disposal of a number of UK airport slot pairs on behalf of airlines. We have also advised airlines on the impairment value of a slot portfolio, the value of lease slots and the implications of converting them to a permanent transfer. We also review the value of slots made by other advisers and recommend changes where they are required.
Our Lead SpecialistsView our Team
Specialist service offering and key benefits
In undertaking Slot Management for airlines, we focus on the following:
- Organising, negotiating and arranging the disposal of UK airport slot pairs on behalf of airlines.
- Advising airlines on issues around slot acquisition at London Heathrow and Gatwick Airport and on identification of slot pairs and the negotiation approach needed to secure them.
- Valuing slot portfolios for a number of airlines, including those involved in mergers.
- Advising clients on the disposal of slots to a third party.
- Instructing airlines on the value of lease slots and the implications of converting them to a permanent
- Advising on the impairment value of a slot portfolio for
- Reviewing the value of slots made by other advisers and recommending changes.
- Advising clients on financing that can be provided around the valuation of significant slot portfolios.